History & Overview
Bivium Capital Partners, a specialist in diverse and boutique managers, is a Registered Investment Adviser providing multi-manager strategies and OCIO solutions to a wide range of institutional investors, including pension funds, foundations and endowments, and family offices. The firm’s name, Latin for “a place where two roads meet,” epitomizes the qualitative and quantitative analyses employed to scrutinize the risk inherent in asset management. As the name implies, Bivium creates value at the intersections, embodying the art and science of investing.
Since its founding in 2002, Bivium has provided its client partners with innovative solutions by seeking differentiated sources of alpha, producing thought-leading industry research, and developing investment solutions tailored to each partner’s specific mandate and goals. The firm’s strong client partnerships are the product of highly collaborative relationships, characterized by extensive interaction concerning strategic aims and portfolio construction. Consequently, investors seeking unique investment solutions and emerging manager talent continue to turn to Bivium as a trusted partner, attracted by the firm’s results-oriented mindset and investment expertise.
Bivium is 100% minority- and employee-owned and operated, certified by the Western Regional Minority Supplier Development Council (WRMSDC), an affiliate of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC).
Bivium offers investors discretionary separate accounts, comprehensive OCIO solutions, and select non-discretionary advisement. Within these constructs, the firm manages a wide range of equity and fixed income strategies, in public and private markets, composed of single or multiple asset classes incorporating social and environmental themes.
- Separate Account Manager-of-Manager Mandates (single and multi-asset class strategies)
- OCIO Mandates (total portfolio solutions designed relative to a client’s policy BM)
- Advisory-only Mandates (non-discretionary guideline and policy assistance)
- Equities: U.S., Global, International, Emerging Markets (all cap ranges and style buckets)
- Fixed Income: U.S. Core/Core+, Global Credit, EM Debt, Cash/Short Duration, Investment Grade
- Alternatives: Venture, Private Equity, Real Estate (small and new(er) funds)
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)
- Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
- Socially Responsible Investments (SRI)
The Bivium Difference
Communication, integrity, and trust distinguish the Bivium experience. The firm’s leadership team begins by understanding each client’s motivation, culture, and goals. This comprehensive assessment is complemented with a level of engagement and execution that promotes long-term partnerships and is grounded in a client-centric culture defined by:
- A relentless focus on alpha generation;
- Outstanding client service that is comprehensive and accessible;
- Solutions-driven portfolios constructed by highly skilled professionals;
- A disciplined and proprietary process for meeting clients’ specific objectives.
Our Guiding Principles
Mission: To generate optimal portfolio performance for clients.
Vision: To foster enduring partnerships through collaboration.
Values: To actively live the firm’s guiding principles each day through:
- Client Focus: We succeed when our clients succeed.
- Integrity: Easy or difficult, observable or imperceptible, we do the right thing.
- Excellence: “Good enough” is NEVER good enough; we strive for excellence.
- Teamwork: With mutual respect and collaboration, we achieve great things together.
- Learning: We are curious, seek knowledge, and refine perspectives to strengthen our expertise.
- Resilience: We are pragmatic, navigate roadblocks, and stand firm against challenges.
- Social Responsibility: We serve causes that are greater than ourselves. We strive to generate alpha with social impact.
On Social Responsibility
“One should never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.”
— Margaret Mead, Anthropologist
Social responsibility is a core value that has governed Bivium since its inception in 2002. The firm’s commitment to philanthropy, social consciousness, and altruism reflects its dedication to supporting positive, meaningful initiatives that address social and environmental issues. This commitment is reflected in our portfolios, our hiring, our partnerships, the organizations we support, and, most importantly, our daily actions as global citizens.